MILFORD CEMETERY ASSOCIATION

Milford Cemetery Association includes three properties: Milford Cemetery onGulf Street, Kings Highway Cemetery on Cherry Street & West River Cemetery on West River Street.

 

Milford Cemetery, the oldest portion which dates back to 1676, provides a rich lesson in the town's history. The land is the final resting place of many important residents,including Three Connecticut Governors: Jonathan Law, Charles Hobby Pond & Robert Treat (1676 - 1710), who is one of the original settlers of the town. The large monument in the older section was erected in honor of Captain Stephen Stowe and the 46 Revolutionary soldiers who died in January 1777.

Many headstones in the cemetery mark the graves of the lesser known - the men, women and children who called Milford home, including five graves identified as being from the 17th century. A walk through this cemetery is truly an adventure into the past.

 
Make an appointment for an on-site consultation with no obligation by phone at (203)874-8998, or use our contact form.

ABOUT US

MILFORD CEMETERY ASSOCIATION

35 Gulf St.

P.O. Box 227

Milford, CT. 06460

PHONE 203-874-8998
FAX 203-876-2073

EMAIL Milfordcemetery@AOL.com

This website is created and hosted by Website.com's Site Builder.